VRCOSPLAYX – ATTEND A VR SHOOT CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY. VRCOSPLAYX – ATTEND A VR SHOOT CONTEST (the “Contest”) is open only to legal U.S. residents residing in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age at time of entry. Void in Guam, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law. Employees of CMP Tech, LLC (“Sponsor” or “CMP”), and its parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR. CMP Tech, LLC, 348 N Goodman St., Rochester, New York 14607.The Contest is not produced, sponsored, administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
3. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 12:00:01 P.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 22, 2017 and ends at 5:59 P.M. EASTERN TIME on September 22, 2017 (hereafter “Contest Period”). Sponsor maintains the official Contest timekeeping device.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
There is ONE way to enter the contest: Via social media
To enter, Eligible Participants will need to post, repost or comment on the promotional posts on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook. During the Contest Period: (1) visit and LIKE us on the VRCosplay Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/ VRCosplay) or (2) if you are an Instagram user, follow VRCosplay at: http://instagram.com/ VRCosplay or (3)Tweet about us on Tweeter– and you will be automatically entered to win.
All entries must be received within the Contest Period. No mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Sponsor assumes no liability for lost, late, incomplete, or misdirected entries.
By entering the contest, your email address will be added to the Sponsor’s customer email program; however, you can opt out by clicking the opt-out link in any email. Limit one entry per person.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER.
The “Winner(s)”) will be selected by Sponsor via a random draw from all eligible entries received.
The decisions of Sponsor, including the selection of the winners, are final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest. The potential winners will be notified by email and/or phone. Each potential winner will be required to complete, sign, and return a Publicity Release and Declaration of Compliance (“Declaration”) within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to submit the Declaration within the required time period, or is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, potential winner forfeits the prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All prizes will be awarded.
6. PRIZES. (_1_) GRAND PRIZE:
The winner will receive:
Two (2) Round trip air tickets to Los Angeles California for winner and a companion,
One (1) standard room at a four star hotel in Los Angeles California for a two (2) night stay.
While in Los Angeles the winner will receive:
▪ An on-set visit at a VRCX shoot in LA captured and shared via social media
▪ Play the villain for an intro scene of the shoot
▪ Outfitted in costume
- “Work” on-set, and be outfitted with Cosplay costume to match shoot theme that is winner’s to keep
- Photo ops with the VRCX model
- Be present for any pre-roll (SFW) content
▪ A one (1) year membership to VRCX
▪ Assorted VRCX branded gifts – t-shirt, hat, mug, signed model headshot
Approximate total Retail Value (“ARV”): $2,000. The winner will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the receipt and use of the prize, and will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report his or her winnings.
Winner must be prepared to travel to utilize their prize during October or November, 2017]. Alternate travel dates may be considered at Sponsor’s sole discretion. If a winner is unable to travel within the date range, the prize may be forfeited and no cash compensation will be awarded. Exact dates and arrangements subject to availability in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and valid only for specified dates.
7. ODDS OF WINNING. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received throughout the Contest Period.
8. RELEASE. By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Contest or Contest related activity or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, or for any printing, production, typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of any prize.
9. PUBLICITY. Except where legally prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes each winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and those acting under its authority to use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, without notice, review, approval or further payment or consideration.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. If the Contest, or any part of it, is discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves right to award only stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM WWW.BADOINK.IO OR ANY OTHER WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court located in Monroe County, New York; (2) any and all claims, shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorney fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
13. WINNER. Winner’s name will be posted on either Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram on September 20, 2017.
14. Entries: All entries submitted will belong exclusively to Sponsor. Sponsor shall have the right to use, assign or dispose of entries however it sees fit without approval of or compensation to entrants or any third parties. Sponsor has the right, but not the obligation, to use the entries chosen in this contest. Entrants will have no right of review or approval of how their Contest Entry Materials will be used by Sponsor and shall not receive any compensation or credit for use of their entries other than that which is disclosed in these Official Contest Rules. Entrants agree that, by entering the contest, Entrants irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor all right, title and interest in the Contest Entry Materials submitted throughout the world, including, without limitation, all trademark rights, and you agree to execute any additional documents that may deem necessary to evidence or effectuate such assignment.
15. Trademarks and Copyrights: Sponsor’s trademarks and copyrights are proprietary to Sponsor. All rights reserved.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
© 2017, CMP Tech, LLC, All rights reserved.
VRCOSPLAYX – ATTEND A VR SHOOT CONTEST (the “Contest”)
PUBLICITY RELEASE AND DECLARATION OF COMPLIANCE
I hereby declare that I, ______________ [Name] of _______________________________ [Address] am a selected entrant (the “Entrant”) in the Contest. I understand that I will be awarded a prize consisting of a trip to attend a VR SHOOT (the “Prize”) if I complete this Publicity Release and Declaration of Compliance and otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, and that at that point I will be the winner (the “Winner”).
In consideration of the awarding of the Prize to me, I hereby:
- a) acknowledge that the Prize is as described in the Contest Rules;
- b) agree that I will accept the Prize as awarded;
- c) agree to be responsible for any Federal, State or local taxes associated with the Prize;
- d) grant CMP Tech, LLC (“CMP”) and any of CMP’s clients or designees the right to use my name, city of residence and any image taken of me by or on behalf of CMP in connection with the Contest, without compensation or other liability to me or my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives or assigns; and
- e) fully discharge and release CMP, its clients or designees; their respective parents and affiliates; the employees, officers, directors, representatives and agents of each of the foregoing; and the heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns of the foregoing from any claims, demands, payments, actions, or causes of action for any loss or damage, or injury arising as a result of my participating in the Contest and accepting the Prize, which I or my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives or assigns may now or hereafter have against them;
- f) declare that:
- i) I have complied with, and will comply with all the rules of the Contest (found at http://sextech.wpengine.com/vrcxcontest-rules)
- ii) at all times from the Contest Date to the date of the draw, I was a resident of the State of ________ and over the age of 21; and at no point during this time was I (nor did I live with) an employee, representative or agent of CM (or their respective subsidiaries, affiliates or licensees);
iii) the terms of the Contest Rules and this Release shall apply to and be binding on me and my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives and assigns.
I declare under penalty of perjury under the laws of the State of New York that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed this _____day of _______2017.